7 Signs It’s Time to Sell Your West Chester or Liberty Township Home
If you’ve been in your home for a while, you may be wondering if it’s time to sell. The West Chester and Liberty Township real estate markets are hot as ever. This means you can command top dollar if you decide to sell.
But selling is no easy decision. After all, if you decide to sell your home then you need to find a new place to live in this competitive real estate market.
Here are seven signs that now maybe the time to list your West Chester or Liberty Township home for sale.
- Your current home feels too small for your family and all of your stuff. If you are feeling cramped on a daily basis, this is usually a pretty good indication that now may be time to sell. Selling your home would allow you to find a new place with more space, more elbow room, and more room for all of your families belongings. Sometimes, it’s not even about square footage. Sometimes home with a different layout feel significantly larger and more comfortable for you and your family.
- Your family size has shrunk. Maybe your kids have gone off to college. Or maybe your parents have moved into a senior living facility. Whatever the case may be, if you have fewer people living in your home, this may be a good time to downsize. On the flipside, maybe you have more people living with you now and do you want to sell so you can buy a larger home.
- Your priorities in life have changed. When you initially bought your West Chester or Liberty Township home, you may have felt OK with a longer commute. You may have been OK living farther away from friends and family. But now, maybe your priorities have changed. Maybe it’s more important for you to spend less time in your car and more time face-to-face with friends and family. Conversely, maybe you were OK with a large mortgage payment that now feels unnecessary. Maybe you’d rather Invest that money in your retirement account or spend time traveling the world. As your priorities change, this may impact where you want to live and how much you want to spend on your home.
- You work hard and just simply have an itch to scratch. May sound ridiculous but truth of the matter is, a lot of people get bored after a few years and buying a new home can be a sense of excitement. Maybe renovated your home since you initially purchased it and now you’re looking to take on a new series of projects. Buying a new home and making improvements to it can be a great way to build equity in the property. The average homeowner is in their home for seven years. How long have you been in yours? Maybe now is the time to scratch that itch by selling your home and buying one that’s new.
- You’re ready to cash out and capitalize on the strength of the West Chester and Liberty Township real estate market. As we said earlier, prices are up. If you’ve owned your home for any length of time, you have probably built some substantial equity in it. Now could be a great time to sell and make a compelling return on your investment.
- The home has become too much upkeep. If you find yourself spending the majority of your time mowing the lawn, cleaning the pool, or repairing miscellaneous things around the house, it maybe time to think about selling your home. This could be a great time to buy a newer home, or sell your home and use the proceeds to rent an apartment where the upkeep and maintenance will be much more manageable.
- Health issues may necessitate a different type of living situation. As people get older, they often find that home with an in-law apartment or an assisted living facility is a great alternative to the home that they currently live in. Along those same lines, as we get older, it can become more difficult to climb up and down multiple sets of stairs. Instead, older Americans often decide to sell their existing homes in favor of one level living.
Are any of these signs speaking to you? If so, give us a call. As the top real estate agents serving the West Chester and Liberty Township areas, we are here to counsel homeowners and provide our best advice as to whether now may be a good time for them to sell.